Validate your knowledge in English 6
To be validated
Today we have great possibilities to learn English through different ways; studying, playing games on the internet, reading novels, articles, manuals etc. , travelling and working abroad. Maybe you do not have the mark in English 6, which is required, but have used English in many ways and feel that you have the knowledge according to the core content of English 6. Compare your knowledge while reading the core content of English 6 from page 7:
Contact a counsellor
If you think that you have knowledge according to the core content, contact one of our counsellors at Lärcenter, and tell them about your knowledge of English; studies, how you have used your English in different ways etc.. They will contact and set up a meeting with an English teacher.
The first meeting with the English teacher
At your first meeting with an English teacher you will be tested on your reading and listening comprehension, to make sure that you have the required level of knowledge in English 6. If you pass the tests, you will prepare yourself for a validation.
Preparation for being validated
Prepare yourself for a validation by doing the following assignments:
- Answer the questions 1- 15 connected to the core content! See next page! (Here you will only be able to read the 5 first questions. Your teacher will hand-out the whole document after you have passed the reading and listening comprehension)
- Read the article and write a summary of it! Asses the reliability of it! Write three questions to discuss! Send the summary and the questions to the teacher before your meeting! The teacher will give you an article.
- Watch a film and prepare according to the questions! The teacher will tell you which film you are going to watch.
English 6 - ENGENG06
The course English 6 covers points 1–5 under the heading Aim of the subject.
Teaching in the course should cover the following core content:
Content of communication
- Concrete and abstract subject areas related to students' education and societal and working life; current issues; thoughts, opinions, ideas, experiences and feelings; ethical and existential issues. What have you studied in your country? What profession do you have? Tell me about your working life!
- Themes, ideas, form and content in film and literature; authors and literary periods. What kinds of films do you like? Tell me about the latest book that you have read! What do you know about authors and literary periods?
- Living conditions, attitudes, values, traditions, social issues as well as cultural, historical, political and cultural conditions in different contexts and parts of the world where English is used. Tell me about the living condition in your country! What do you know about the living conditions in English speaking countries? What do you know about their attitudes, traditions, and cultures?
- Spoken language, also with different social and dialect features, and texts, including complex and formal texts, which relate, discuss, argue, report and provide descriptions, also via film and other media. Watch the film and answer the questions! What is your opinion of the film? Give arguments for your opinion! Read the review and compare with your opinions! This content you will also test in a reading and listening comprehension!
- Coherent spoken language and conversations of different kinds, such as debates, lectures and interviews. In this interview you will practice this core content, by discussing the film and being interviewed. This content you will also test in the listening comprehension!